- Navajo Elementary School Administrative Assistant Honored With Challenge Coin
- 14 SUSD Seniors Named Semifinalists in 2021 National Merit® Scholarship Program
- Arcadia Teacher to Represent SUSD at Virtual Engineering Education Conference
- SUSD Academic Coach Receives District Specialist Recognition Award
- SUSD Students Perform Life-saving Rescue
- SUSD Governing Board Celebrates New and Renewed NBCTs
- Community Connection
- Media Releases
- PeachJar Digital Flyers
- Showcase Magazine
- Social Media
With New Fiscal Year, SUSD Updates Leadership Team
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (July 1, 2020) – With the start today of its 2020 - 2021 fiscal year, some changes in responsibilities and reporting go into effect in the Scottsdale Unified School District (SUSD) leadership team. Those changes start at the top, with Dr. Scott Menzel as SUSD’s new superintendent. Menzel succeeds Dr. John Kriekard, who retired June 30, 2020.
Other notable updates within the SUSD organization are:
- Shannon Crosier, formerly Finance Director, is Acting Chief Financial Officer, succeeding Jeff Gadd, who retired June 30.
- Tyler Moore, Accounting Manager, is Acting Finance Director, taking over for Crosier.
- Shannon Cronn, Clinical Services Coordinator, heads up Support Services as its Director. Dr. Steve Chestnut served as Executive Director of Support Services until his retirement last month.
The SUSD Governing Board formally approved the changes at its June 23, 2020 meeting.
Additionally, Building Services Director Dennis Roehler and Transportation Director Brendan Wagner, who previously reported to the Chief Financial Officer, now report directly to Superintendent Menzel.
To find out more about SUSD’s leadership team for the 2020 - 2021 school year, please visit www.susd.org/superintendent.
# # #