- Navajo Elementary School Administrative Assistant Honored With Challenge Coin
- 14 SUSD Seniors Named Semifinalists in 2021 National Merit® Scholarship Program
- Arcadia Teacher to Represent SUSD at Virtual Engineering Education Conference
- SUSD Academic Coach Receives District Specialist Recognition Award
- SUSD Students Perform Life-saving Rescue
- SUSD Governing Board Celebrates New and Renewed NBCTs
- Community Connection
- Media Releases
- PeachJar Digital Flyers
- Showcase Magazine
- Social Media
SUSD Governing Board Adopts 2020-2021 Budget
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (June 26, 2020) – The Governing Board of the Scottsdale Unified School District (SUSD) has unanimously approved a $372.7 million expenditure budget for the fiscal year that begins July 1, 2020. The vote was taken June 23 at the Board’s regular monthly meeting.
The budget includes $174.1 million for Maintenance and Operations (M&O), $25.3 million for Capital expenses, $42.4 million in Bond spending, $19.6 million in state and federal grants, and $111.2 million in other funds.
Under the M&O budget, SUSD taxpayers will see their combined primary and secondary tax rate decrease by about three percent, the fourth consecutive year with a reduction.
Highlights of next year’s M&O budget, the majority of the District’s spending, include:
- a 5% pay increase for all SUSD employees
- 69%, or $120.2 million, dedicated to SUSD students, teachers and classrooms
- the creation of 10 new positions for social workers and guidance counselors to help support the social and emotional learning needs of students in grades 6 – 12
- no increases in medical insurance premiums for SUSD employees
- contingency funding for a demographically predicted loss of student enrollment
To see SUSD’s 2020 – 2021 budget, as well as the last 10 years of District budgets, please visit www.susd.org/Budget. To view Governing Board meetings, download presentations and view the June 23 Board meeting online, visit www.susd.org/Board.
# # #