- Ingleside Middle School
- Welcome to Ingleside Middle School
Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack Mobile Hotspot Recall
Scottsdale Unified School District was recently informed that Verizon, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, has issued a recall of the Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack mobile hotspot devices used by some SUSD Enhanced Distance Learning students. During the last several weeks, Verizon has learned that the lithium-ion battery in the hotspots can overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard.
SUSD is working with Verizon to exchange hotspot devices as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you would like to exchange your hotspot now, you may do so at your child’s school. Please note that we will be collecting all mobile hotspots at the end of the school year.
To promote the safe operation of your hotspot device until you either exchange it or return it, please follow these steps:
If your device is currently turned off, please turn it on so that the Ellipsis Jetpack can receive two (2) over-the-air, automatic software updates that will (a) enable the device’s identifying number to be viewed on its scrolling screen to help facilitate its exchange and (b) prevent the device from charging while the device is plugged in and powered on. You will know the software update has been applied when you see the device’s identifying number scrolling across its screen. After the software update is applied, users should leave the device powered on while it is plugged in. When not in use, the device should be turned off and unplugged from its power source.
Please follow these best practices to further promote the safe operation of your device:
- When not in use, turn the device off and unplug it.
- Place your device on a flat, solid and sturdy surface, such as a floor or table.
- For proper ventilation, do not use the device on a bed, sofa, chair or other soft surface, and ensure your device is not covered by a pillow, blanket or other item.
- Keep devices near room temperature when in use.
- Use only approved charging cables, including the cable provided.
- Do not expose the units to extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Do not expose the unit or its battery to water or other liquids.
- Do not drop the units and do not insert foreign objects into the battery or unit.
If you have any questions or concerns about the technology issued to your student, please contact the SUSD IT Help Desk at (480) 484-4357.