Yavapai Academic Programs
- Title 1
- Full-day Kindergarten
- Gifted Program
- Special Education
- English Immersion Studies (EIS)
- Computer classes
- Passport to Reading, School-Wide Reading Program
- Art, Chorus, Band, Strings,
- PE, Project Fit American/Physical Fitness Program, Lunchtime Athletic Program
- Citizenship Program
- Looping/Team Teaching
- After-school program on campus
- Thunderbird Academy - Afterschool Enrichment Program
Yavapai Elementary THUNDER ROCKS Behavior Expectations
Yavapai is a recipient of a federal program that worked with us to create a safer and more positive learning environment for all our students. As part of this, we have developed a behavior program based on a Multi-Tiered System of Supports for Behavior (MTSS-B). The primary goal of this program is to create a positive school climate by teaching, highlighting and celebrating positive behavior through a reward system. Click on links to review the MTSS-B Matrix.
Yavapai has adopted the acronym ROCKS (Respectful, Ownership, Cooperation, Kindness, Safety) to make it easy for students to remember our behavioral expectations and values.
Yavapai students have embraced this program by taking responsibility for their actions, showing respect for others, greeting teachers in the hallways and vice versa and helping their peers in whatever way they can. They help keep the campus clean and are mindful of safety issues. We are very proud of our students. Each day staff members give Thunder tickets as a reward for this positive behavior. Students who receive tickets can receive a charm, bracelet or other surprises depending on how many they collect. Students earning 100 tickets are proudly announced on the Yavapai website under Celebrations and Thunder Rocks.
- Middle School Accelerated Math - Parent Info Flyer
- Middle School Math FAQs - Student Readiness Indicators & Math Placement
Do you need ideas for your children’s reading? Check out these sites: