Mohave Extracurricular Programs
After school tutoring will be held in the Media Center, Monday - Thursday from 2:30 - 3:30pm. There will be homework support for those students who need it. Respectful, quiet behavior is important so that students can get their homework done. Please note that on Staff Meeting Dates, (1st Tuesday of the Month) and on early release days, there will be no After School Tutoring. Students - listen to morning announcements for any changes.
Mondays - Ms. Leung
Tuesdays - Ms. Waltz
Wednesdays - Ms. Jepson
Thursdays - Ms. Hernandez
Floor Hockey will be played in the Gym most Friday's (depending on Mr. A's schedule) after school from 2:30 - 3:30pm. Hockey equipment will be supplied - just bring your tennis shoes, a bottle of water and lots of energy! All students are welcome, just drop by after school and have some fun with Mr. A.
Please listen to morning announcements to confirm if it will be played that Friday.
Who: Any Mohave MS Student can participate
What: Memorialize our year
· Take pictures of everything that is happening at Mohave!
· Write captions to those pictures, describing our year together.
· Sports, clubs, activities highlighted.
· Ensure that all students are featured.
· Work with Lifetouch to create the book.
· Sell the book.
· Distribute the book.
When: Every Friday after school from 2:30-3:30
How much: $40/student – club fee – tax credit
· HOWEVER, Students who participate (regularly) and contribute to the year book will get a free year book – a $40 value. THUS, the club is FREE if you participate and contribute to the creation of the 2017-18 year book!!
Where: Room 221 and Computer Lab 245, see Mr. Coronado if you have questions.
Spiritline Club Schedule
Practice dates: (Times are 2:30-4:00)
10/3/2018 – Parent showcase at 4:00pm
10/4/2018 – last day (party)
Mohave offers 3 levels of Robotics programs for the 2018/19 school year
- Beginner class. If you have little or no experience in robotics, this is a great way to learn how to design, build and program. Using EV3 robots and fun competitions, students will learn all the basics.
- FIRST LEGO League (FLL). If you know how to build and program LEGO EV3 robots you may join a FLL team of up to 10 students. Teams compete at a regional competition in December. In addition to robotics, teams do research on a project and present to a professional jury. Teamwork, problem solving and persistence are key qualities we are looking for in our students.
- VEX IQ. Students with experience in robotics competitions can join the VEX IQ program and be part of a team of 5-6 students to compete in regional tournaments. Competitions take place early 2018 and may be as late as April.
All students meet on Fridays after school from 230-430. Additional meetings for competition teams may be scheduled close to events.
An informational meeting will take place after school on Friday August 17 at 230 in the Media center.
Fees for the programs are as follows:
Beginner class: $60. Classes run until Thanksgiving
FLL teams: $120*. Fees include tournament fee for regional FLL tournament at Mohave and State Championships in case teams qualify. Date for State TBD. FLL teams meet through the first semester
VEX IQ: $180*. Fees include two regional tournaments and registration fee for State Championships if team qualifies.
*) Fees based on multiple quarters of club meetings. Fees can be paid in $60/quarter installments. Please see Ms. Julie Brown in the office if you wish to discuss assistance with paying fees.
Email your questions to email@example.com
Sign up: Fill out the Google form at: https://goo.gl/forms/8fBzYwUOcAuMNxMz1