Mohave Extracurricular Programs
After school tutoring will be held in the Media Center, Monday - Thursday from 2:30 - 3:30pm. There will be homework support for those students who need it. Respectful, quiet behavior is important so that students can get their homework done. Please note that on Staff Meeting Dates, (1st Tuesday of the Month), there will be no After School Tutoring. Students - listen to morning announcements for any changes.
Mondays - Media Center with Mr. Muren / Ms. Leung
Tuesdays - Media Center with Ms. De Souza / Ms. Waltz
Wednesdays - Media Center with Ms. Waltz / Ms. De Souza
Thursdays - Media Center with Ms. Leung / Ms. Cavanaugh
Floor Hockey will be played in the Gym most Friday's (depending on Mr. A's schedule) after school from 2:30 - 3:30pm. Hockey equipment will be supplied - just bring your tennis shoes, a bottle of water and lots of energy! All students are welcome, just drop by after school and have some fun with Mr. A.
Please listen to morning announcements to confirm if it will be played that Friday.
Who: Any Mohave MS Student can participate
What: Memorialize our year
· Take pictures of everything that is happening at Mohave!
· Write captions to those pictures, describing our year together.
· Sports, clubs, activities highlighted.
· Ensure that all students are featured.
· Work with Lifetouch to create the book.
· Sell the book.
· Distribute the book.
When: Every Friday after school from 2:30-3:30
How much: $40/student – club fee – tax credit
· HOWEVER, Students who participate (regularly) and contribute to the year book will get a free year book – a $40 value. THUS, the club is FREE if you participate and contribute to the creation of the 2017-18 year book!!
Where: Room 221 and Computer Lab 245
AUDITIONS FOR METRONOTES WILL BE AFTER SCHOOL ON SEPTEMBER 11TH AND 12TH IN THE CHOIR ROOM. SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION TIME AND GET AUDITION MATERIALS OUTSIDE OF MRS. FRANK'S ROOM #601. *Rehearsals will be every Monday from 2:30-4:30pm in the choir room #601- Unless otherwise stated on morning announcements*
FUTURE CITIES Competition Club
Future City is a project-based learning program where students in 6th - 8th grades imagine, research, design, and build cities of the future.
The Future City Competition engages more than 40,000 middle school students each year throughout the United States and abroad. Students repeatedly report that the program increases their motivation and excitement about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). In addition, students and teachers report a marked improvement in students’ 21st Century skills. Meets each Thursday in Computer Lab 128 at Mohave Middle School from 2:20 until 3:20 pm.
For more information please see Mrs. McBride in room 120 or check the website: http://futurecity.org/
CREATIVE ARTS Club
Creative Arts Club Mohave Middle School
The Creative Writing Club is now the Creative ARTS Club. Meetings are every Friday after school in room 128. Please see Mrs. McBride in room 120 for additional information.
This club provides opportunities for students of all grade levels and writing abilities to write, share ideas, and collaborate with other students. Additionally, a positive, productive, and creative forum is established in which students feel comfortable taking risks, thus building confidence, as they experiment with writing.
To encourage the exploration of different genres of writing, promote curiosity and develop a passion for writing among all members, and provide a forum for creative collaboration. We also wish to publish a book for all contributors to see their work in published form.
Objectives or Activities to Meet This Goal:
· Foster creativity through writing exercises and prompts
· Experiment with new ideas through free writing
· Share work out loud and offer comments/suggestions
· Collaborate with one another and write as a unified club
Skills Students Will Gain by Participating in This Club:
· Willingness to experiment and take risks with writing
· Knowledge of various types of writing, both poetry and prose
· Awareness of and receptiveness to different writing styles
· Enhanced discussion and collaboration skills
For more information please see Mrs. McBride in room 120
Meets each Friday in Computer Lab 128 at Mohave Middle School from 2:20 until 3:20 pm.