Mohave Academic Programs
2017-18 Mohave Robotics Club
Mohave offers 3 levels of Robotics programs for the 2017/18 school year
- Beginner class. If have little or no experience in robotics, this is a great way to learn how to design, build and program. Using EV3 robots and fun competitions, students will learn all the basics.
- FIRST LEGO League (FLL). If you know how to build and program LEGO EV3 robots you may join a FLL team of up to 10 students. Teams compete at a regional competition early December. In addition to robotics, teams do research on a project and present to a professional jury. Teamwork, problem solving and persistence are key qualities we are looking for.
- VEX IQ. Students with experience in robotics competitions can join the VEX IQ program and form a team of 5-6 students to compete in regional tournaments. Competitions take place early 2018 and may be as late as April.
- All students meet on Fridays after school from 2:30-4:30. Additional meetings for competition teams may be scheduled close to events.
- An Informational Meeting will take place after school on Friday August 18 at 2:30 in the Media center.
- Fees for the programs are as follows:
- Beginner class: $60. Classes run until Thanksgiving
- FLL teams: $120*. Fees include tournament fee for regional FLL tournament at Mohave and State Championships in case teams qualify. Date for State TBD. FLL teams meet through the first semester
- VEX IQ: $180*. Fees include two regional tournaments and registration fee for State Championships if team qualifies.
*) Fees based on multiple quarters of club meetings. Fees can be paid in $60/quarter installments. Please see Ms. Julie Brown in the office if you wish to discuss assistance with paying fees.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to find a Google form to sign up online