Open Enrollment Information
The priority enrollment period for new enrollment to Cheyenne Traditional School for the 2020-2021 school year begins November 1st and ends December 1st. All applications received during priority enrollment will be enrolled unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of a program, class, or grade level. If that is the case, we will do a lottery drawing for the grade level that exceeds the amount of seats we have.
The following information is to ensure successful enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Currently attending Cheyenne Pre-K students must complete an enrollment application at https://openenrollment.susd.org/ during priority enrollment to be given priority placement into Cheyenne’s Kindergarten.
- Currently attending Cheyenne Kindergarten through 7th grade students do not need to re-enroll to Cheyenne. These students will be automatically enrolled for the 2020-2021 school year.
- All currently attending 8th grade Cheyenne students will automatically be enrolled into Desert Mountain High School for the 2020-2021 school year. You do not need to enroll to Desert Mountain High School.
- If you live in another SUSD high school attendance boundary and will be attending your home SUSD high school, please contact Ms. Frances Lax, Cheyenne’s school counselor, so that your child will be registered into your home SUSD high school.
- If you live in the Desert Mountain High School attendance boundary and your child will be attending another SUSD high school, you must open enroll your child during priority enrollment by completing an application at https://openenrollment.susd.org/ . Enrollment will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
- If you live outside of the SUSD boundary and your child will not be attending Desert Mountain High School, you must open enroll your child during priority enrollment by completing an application at https://openenrollment.susd.org/ .
All students who will be NEW to Cheyenne for the 2020-2021 school year must complete an open enrollment application FIRST at https://openenrollment.susd.org/. If the number of applicants received during priority enrollment exceeds the capacity of a grade level, a lottery will be used to select students based on priority categories for enrollment and up to capacity. Once a grade level meets capacity, a waiting list will be created. Those selected by lottery must complete enrollment within 10 days of notification.
If you have questions, please contact Cheyenne Traditional School at 480-484-5600.