What's Happening at DMHS!?
DMHS Announcements for December 13, 2019
Don’t forget to check the office lost and found for any missing water bottles, lunch boxes or any other random item you may be missing. Anything remaining on December 20th will be given to charity.
It’s time for the Monthly Worthy Wolves Drawing! We will be drawing 3 winners for the Monthly Drawing instead of 2 because we don’t have weekly winners this time around! Who are the monthly worthy wolves winners for the month of November? Drum Roll….
- Hannah Andorfer
- Tara Naime
- Hili Brosh
- Hannah was recognized by Ms. Penny for helping take attendance down to the front office. Way to go Hannah for demonstrating responsibility!
- Tara & HIli were nominated by Ms. Snygg Carrasco for helping take down posters. Kudos Tara & Hili for being team players!
- Congratulations to all the Worthy Wolves winners! Please pick up your prizes in the bookstore the first 15 minutes of lunch!
- It’s a great day to be a Worthy Wolf! And remember Wolves…We’ve Got Something Better…What’s your Better?
This time of year can be stressful for all of us. It is okay to not be okay! Don’t forget to acknowledge your feelings during this stressful time of year and take care of YOU! This week we will have a tip a day on how to cope with stress brought to you by Wolves…We’ve Got Something Better campaign!
- Wellness Tip #5 Just Breathe! Mindful, Intentional Breathing helps reset your sympathetic nervous system from the fight, flight, or freeze response when you’re feeling stressed and activates the parasympathetic nervous system which enhances the relaxation response in order to bring you calm & clarity so you can focus.
Support groups on campus will continue next semester starting the week of January 6th! We’ll meet once a week on Fridays and rotate through periods 1-5 so you won't miss the same class each week. A group interest survey has been sent to your email through Naviance. Please make sure you check the email you have on your Naviance profile in order to receive the survey. If you’re interested in participating in group, please submit your response or reach out to Ms. Phelps directly by Thursday, December 12th. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Phelps, Prevention Coach email@example.com .
College and Career Center
Sophomores. Tomorrow is the deadline to submit your AZ HOBY Leadership nomination materials to Mrs. Loftus in the College and Career center. You may also choose to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details and requirements for this summer program at ASU are on the DM website’s College and Career page.
Seniors. This is to remind you that you should order your transcripts on Parchment no later than Finals Friday at noon. Parchment orders made after noon Friday and over the Winter Break will not be sent out until we return to school, January 6th. Check your deadlines. Additionally, first semester’s grades will not be added to transcripts until mid-January. If you are ordering on Parchment and need a transcript with first semester grades, please choose “HOLD FOR GRADES” instead of “SEND NOW” for processing time. Confused? Visit the counseling office or the college and career center.
Seniors, early action and early decision notifications are starting to peak. That means it’s time for those of you who have decided on your path to sign the wall. This year the banners have been replaced by an entire wall in the College & Career Center. No matter whether you plan to join the military, got to community college, stay in the AZ or go to NYU in Shanghi, you won’t want to miss this great Desert Mountain tradition. Starting MONDAY, the class of 2020 can stop by the college & career center and make their mark . Good luck as you receive your admissions decisions. The journey has just begun!!
Calling all miners and crafters! Minecraft club will be holding their holiday meeting today at lunch in room 7215/16. Don’t forget your torches!
Yoga and Mindfulness staff & student classes are available for the next two weeks to help create a sense of calm and clarity as you launch into finals. Students, you must have a signed permission slip to participate in the class. Pick up permission slip in Ms. Phelps’ room.
- Monday Mindfulness for STAFF from 3-4pm; 12/9 & 12/16
- Wellness Wednesday for STUDENTS from 12:30-1:30pm; 12/11 & Tadasana Tuesday 12/17.
- Both classes are being held in Ms. Phelps’ classroom (3235). Mats & Blocks available.
Book Discussion for HOOPER by Geoff Herbach will meet today. Book discussions will take place during lunch in the Teen Room at Palomino Library. The front office already has Green Passes for all participants. Please bring your book to return and your lunch to eat; snacks and drinks will be provided.
A heads up from the athletic department. Our winter sports season is well under way, please come out and support our basketball, soccer and wrestling teams! A reminder that the spring sports season will officially begin on Monday, February 10th. We will have beach volleyball, tennis, softball, baseball and track and field. Come by the athletic office if you have an questions or need help getting signed up, GO WOLVES!!!!