Important Information for the Class of 2019!
What: GRADUATION 2019
When: Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 8:00pm
Where: in the DMHS Athletic Stadium
Reminders for the Graduate:
- Check your seating location on the lists posted on the south windows of the mall. There are two lists - "home" and "visitor" (lists will be posted Friday, May 24th)
- Please have your parents' drop you off at the front entrance (**appropriately dressed) no later than 7:00 p.m. with your cap and gown in hand (not on!).
- DO NOT bring any change of clothing or CELL PHONE into DMHS. CELL PHONES will be taken, and you will be waiting in a very LONG line at the end of the night to get your phone back. Keep your change of clothing & cell phone with your parents until after the ceremony.
- Students are welcome to wear tassels and academic medals. No cords. Your tassel remains on the left prior to graduating. Note: the “button” on the cap will pop if try and put too many!
- You will be given your name on a 3 x 5 card at check in; please confirm the phonetic pronunciation of your name. Hang on to that card! As your row proceeds to the stage you will hand this card to the reader.
- When you arrive at your row in the stadium remain standing for the National Anthem
- Diplomas will be handed to students as they return to their seats. It is your responsibility to put them inside your diploma cover for safe keeping and give them to your parents prior to Project Grad.
**Students are expected to dress appropriately for a formal school event. (Boys - dress shirt, tie, slacks, shoes and socks, Girls - dresses, skirts, or nice pants, and nice shoes / sandals, be careful of heels). No flip-flops. No decorations on hats or gowns. No leis, cords or stoles. Only tassels & medallions.
Reminders for Parents - (follow this link to view the Graduation Parent Module)
- Please provide your graduate a ride to ensure there is enough parking available for all. **PLEASE DROP YOUR GRADUATE OFF AT THE FRONT COURTYARD ENTRANCE OF THE SCHOOL NO LATER THAN 7:00 (**APPROPRIATELY DRESSED – SEE ABOVE). THOSE ARE THE ONLY DOORS OPEN FOR GRADUATES TO ENTER.
- Students need to arrive at front entrance with cap and gown in hand. Students will have the opportunity to put on their cap and gown while in the auditorium. Care for Cap & Gown – PRESS ONLY do not wash, dry clean or put in the dryer!
- Students should NOT bring purses, cameras, cell phones, or other personal items. Water will be provided.
- Students will be given their names on a 3 x 5 card. They will hand this to the reader. Please discuss the phonetic spelling and pronunciation of their name with your student.
- Gates on the east and west side of the stadium will be opened at 6:30pm. Parents may park on either side of the school. Additional parking will be available at St. Bernard’s Church. Please use the sidewalk to walk to our lower lot to access the stadium.
- No picnics or coolers will be allowed prior to or during the ceremony.
- Security is our top priority. Prior to the entrance of the graduates, all guests will be instructed to find a seat and remain at your seat until all graduates have entered the stadium. Guests at the gates will be held until all graduates have entered the stadium. Parents should not approach the graduates or the stage at any time during the ceremony. Pictures are being taken professionally and all family pictures should be held until the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Special seating for the handicapped not in wheelchairs will be available in the stands to the east of the snack bar, with shuttle service to the handicap seating at 7:00 and 7:15; with a return trip after the ceremony (when the service drive has cleared) There are no areas to accommodate wheelchairs in the bleachers, If your family member is in a wheel chair, please take them down the ramp to sit with you on the field.
- Please bring water with you. Water will also be sold by the band boosters.
#Parent Graduation Module
Parents please click on THIS LINK to access the "Parent Graduation Module" for important information on the 2019 Graduation ceremony and obtaining your complimentary graduation tickets.
Bookstore Fees and Fines
All books and fees must be cleared before graduation. Check the status of your account on SUSD Touchbase.
If you missed ordering cap/gown and announcements you can pick up a packet in the front office or order on line:
Balfour of Arizona
If you ordered graduation announcements and did not pick them up when Balfour was on campus, they are now in Mrs. Anderson’s office. You may stop in to pick them up.