Parking Lot Procedures
From Mrs. Hummon:
Drop Off/Pick Up Procedure Reminders and Updates
We appreciate your patience during drop off and pick up. As I have mentioned in previous communications, our Pueblo Safety Committee, SUSD Safety, and Security Director, and Scottsdale Police Department continue collaborating on how to make the Parent Drop Off and Pick Up process as safe and as smooth as possible.
Please be aware of the new bright yellow colored concrete parking blocks that were placed in the parking lot during our Fall Break. When parked, please reverse your vehicle and follow the traffic flow. We have listened to your concerns and suggestions and we are happy to report that the Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures will continue being the same ones except for the orange traffic cones at the exit. The traffic cones will be moved to the entrance and traffic will be directed to the exit instead of making the loop.
We continue implementing the recommended changes to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and community. Thank you for your support, patience, kindness, and understanding while everyone adjusts to the process.
Please keep in mind that the spaces north of the crosswalk and adjacent to our neighbors to the east (the apartment complex) are reserved for staff parking. The spaces in the northern most parking lot (adjacent to the "gym" and the north playground fence) are reserved and marked for pre-school parents.
Drop off/Pick Up Procedures:
· When dropping off or picking up your students, please pull all the way up to the three yellow cylinders closest to the crosswalks as this allows more cars to be in the drop off/pick up lane.
· Please merge safely and follow directions from our staff to exit the campus. There is one way in and one way out.
If you choose to park in the Pueblo lot and pick up your child(ren):
· Please use the main (south) parking lot and the crosswalk. Staff will direct pedestrian and vehicle traffic ensuring that students/families are able to cross safely to pick-up students and return to their vehicle.
· When exiting the parking lot, please reverse your vehicle and follow the traffic flow. Please adhere to the directions of staff in order to exit safely through the one exit area. Please only use the entrance for entering and the exit for exiting.
· Please note that choosing to come just a little earlier (to park) or a just a bit later to pick up your child also helps with the flow of traffic. Teachers and staff generally remain in the courtyard area until approximately 3:25 and will begin calling families from the office thereafter. Students are always supervised by a Pueblo staff member until they are picked up.