Pima Panther Press
PIMA PANTHER PARENT PRESS
“Pima’s Paw-tastic Parent Newsletter” – Panther Prints
Building partnerships between home and school is such a crucial part of student learning and academic success.
Paw Mark The Calendar For These Events:
- Veterans Day Nov. 12
- Panda Express PTO Fundraiser Nov. 15
- Turkey Trot Nov. 16
- Thanksgiving BBQ Nov. 16
- Thanksgiving Nov. 21-23
- Ava Buzinski – 11.5
- Amyah Anderson – 11.8
- Kylie Wright – 11.8
- Anthony Hernandez – 11.8
- Rex Greasby – 11.9
- Alexander Ansley – 11.10
- Cyrus Jackson – 11.10
SUSD Pima Elementary School Rebuild
- The asphalt is poured and completed at the South Parking (future Student Drop-off).
- On the site:
- Concrete sidewalk near ballfield is being poured
- Continuing ripping Soccer field
- Underground utilities are being installed to AT&T Future Restrooms Building
- In the Admin Building 100:
- Currently being painted
- Tile is installed in all bathrooms
- Hard lid ceilings are in and we will start grid next week.
- In the Gym Building 300:
- On the exterior, the EIFS (stucco) is continuing around the building and they will start getting color up next week.
- On the interior, the kitchen inspections passed and the kitchen will start getting much more drywell starting next week
- The gym is completely painted.
Pulling students early from class:
Parents we need your help. We have had multiple interruptions in the classrooms as parents want to pull their child early. Please try to schedule all appointments after school hours. It is imperative that students remain in their classrooms from the first bell to the last bell. Every minute counts.
Did you know that SUSD offers a Gifted Pre-K Academy? The Gifted Pre-K Academy is designed for identified children who have superior verbal and quantitative abilities and provides an advanced and rigorous academic curriculum while sparking curiosity, igniting creativity and nurturing talent. SUSD provides gifted placement screening at the Mohave District Annex to identify gifted students. The testing window opens in November. A nonrefundable fee of $120 is due two days before the scheduled appointment to confirm the testing session. All students must be 4 years old on or before Aug. 31. For more information, call 480-484-5014 or visit https://www.susd.org/index.php/programs/susd-gifted-learning
Showcase is happening at Arcadia High School, 4703 E. Indian School Road on Saturday, Nov. 17 from 10 am to 1 pm. It’s the District’s only all-school annual event held to “showcase” what is special about each of our schools. Be sure to invite your friends, family and neighbors who might be going to school outside the District. In addition to the family-favorite student performances, we’ll have on-the-spot job applications and open enrollment. We’ll also have food sampling in the cafeteria and school buses for children to check out. Hope to see you there!
Lost and Found
Panthers, starting tomorrow we will have all lost and found items placed in the front of the school. Please take this opportunity to look for any items that your family may have lost. All remaining items will be sent to Good Will.