Pima Panther Press
Building partnerships between home and school is such a crucial part of student learning and academic success.
Paw Mark The Calendar For These Events:
- Book Fair – September 9 – 12th
- Early Release and College Awareness day – September 11
- Title Literacy Night – September 12th 6:00pm
- Lifetouch Pictures – September 18th
We want to congratulate our new student council for the 2019-2020 School Year:
Secretary: Dominick Beasley
Treasurer: Dominic Roe
Vice President: Sophia Walters
President: Cassidy O Connor
Literacy Night & Scholastic Book Fair
Join us on Thursday, September 12th for our annual Literacy Night and Book Fair. We will also be holding an AzMerit information session that will answer many of your questions.
Parent and Student Handbook Update
Student dress and grooming are generally a matter of personal choice; however, the District recognizes that there is a relationship between student dress and student success and accomplishment of educational objectives. District Uniform Code of Student Conduct explains it fully.
Pima Traditional prohibits dress and grooming that:
- Are considered unsafe or present a risk to the health, safety, or general welfare of others.
- Flip flops, or sandals without straps are not allowed for safety reasons
- Interfere with or disrupt the educational environment or process
- Oversized accessories or adornments on headbands, head coverings with fur, light up shoes, roller shoes, bandanas, hairnets, and knit stocking caps.
- Hats and visors are only worn outside of school buildings
- Hair dyed or weaved in unnatural colors
- Are counterproductive to curriculum or educational process
- Clothing advocating or encouraging the use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, display or suggest obscene language or symbols.
- Are considered immodest
- Tops that have less than a two-inch strap, short shorts, shirts or tops exposing the bare midriff.
Reminder - Pulling students early from class:
Parents we need your help. We have had multiple interruptions in the classrooms as parents want to pull their child early. Please try to schedule all appointments after school hours. It is imperative that students remain in their classrooms from the first bell to the last bell. Every minute counts.