Laguna Extracurricular Programs
This club consisting of 3rd-5th graders is designed to introduce students to robotics and programming. In the fall, we will work with Lego NXT Bots. These bots run off of Lego Mindstorms.
You do not know how to code before joining club.
1. Build a Robot based on directions
2. Add to robot with attachments as needed by missions
3. Program robot to complete simple tasks
4. Increase understanding of programming blocks to create more complex codes to have bot complete multiple tasks
5. Design challenges for self and peers to complete.
Kids Club is a licensed before and after school program administered by Scottsdale Unified School District’s participating elementary schools. Early bird drop off begins at 6:30 a.m. and after school operates from school dismissal until 6:30 p.m. Students are greeted each day by qualified child care specialists who facilitate activities that may include: arts and crafts, active group games, sports, team-building exercises, science, technology and supervised homework time. Snacks are served every day.