2019-2020 Open Enrollment Priority Period Oct. 1st - 31st
The priority enrollment period for
OPEN ENROLLMENT for the 2019-2020 school year
begins on October 1 and ends on October 31.
- Open enrollment only applies to new families who reside outside Anasazi’s school attendance boundaries and would like their child(ren) to attend Anasazi.
- To find out if you reside within or outside of Anasazi’s attendance boundaries, click on this link https://susd-web.susd.org/HomeSchool/Home/Elementary
- Type in your address and click “Search”
- Your homeschool information will pop up
- If it does not say Anasazi Elementary School, you must fill out an open enrollment form
- Applying for open enrollment does not mean your child is automatically accepted/enrolled at Anasazi.
- When you apply for open enrollment, your application gets reviewed by the school and you will receive an email of acceptance or waitlist. Please see timeline dates.
- If you receive and acceptance email, you will then proceed with the regular enrollment process. If you receive a waitlist email, you will be notified when/if a spot opens up.
To apply for open enrollment, please log onto https://openenrollment.susd.org/
Those who apply within the priority period by Nov. 1st, will be notified after Nov. 5th of acceptance or waitlist via email. At that time, parents will have 10 days form their acceptance email to complete the Regular Enrollment application and bring in all their supporting documents.
Frequently asked Questions and Answers:
Question: If my child is in PreK at Anasazi this year, do I need to apply for open enrollment?
Answer: Yes, if you live outside Anasazi’s attendance boundaries you need to complete an open enrollment form within the priority period (Oct. 1- Nov. 1). If you miss the priority period, your child could be waitlisted.
Question: If my child is in 3rd grade at Anasazi this year, and we were approved for open enrollment before she enrolled, do I need to apply again each year?
Answer: No. If your child is already attending Anasazi in Kindergarten – 5th grade, you do not need to apply for open enrollment again. Once approved for open enrollment, as long as your child continues through Anasazi, Mountainside, and Desert Mountain, there will be no need for you to apply again.