SUSD Summer School
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates?
- June Session I - June 11-28 (8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. M-TH)
- July Session II - July 9-26 (8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. M-TH)
Online - All final exams MUST be taken IN PERSON at designated high school computer labs.
Classroom - Located at Coronado High School - 7501 East Virginia Avenue, Scottsdale, AZ 85257 - Science Lab required for classroom only
What is the fee?
$185.00 per course (No refunds will be allowed after the first day. )
This includes: Any applicable lab fee, busing and breakfast/lunch at Coronado High School.
How do I know the difference with the course codes?
Course codes ending in even numbers (i.e. 2318) are 1st semester classes, codes ending in odd numbers (i.e. 2319) are 2nd semester classes.
Course codes are listed in the registration link. Each course is .5 credit.
How do I register for a class?
- url = https://touchbase.susd.org
username = Student ID #
- password = Student last name (Capitalize the first letter of the last name)
How do I register for a class if I am an out-of-district student?
If you are an out-of-district student and have never registered with an SUSD ID for summer school, please follow these instructions:
- Register and create a new account: https://susd-web.susd.org/StudentSummerEnrollment/Login.aspx)
- Fax a birth certificate to (480) 484-6866, please allow 48 hours for confirmation.
- After confirmation, contact SUSD Finance department to register over the phone for course (480) 484-6225
How do I request a transcript if out-of-district student?
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Student
- School requesting transcript and address
- Parent name, email address and phone number
Who can take a summer school class?
Classroom and online classes are opened to all high school students, within SUSD or out-of-district.
SUSD is not responsible for incorrect course selection. See counselor prior to end of school for course recommendations.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds will not be given once classes begin on the first day of each summer school session. Allow up to four weeks processing time.
What if I registered for the wrong class or need to make a change?
What are the class assignments?
Classes are assigned by the summer school administrative team based on enrollment, need, and the availability of certified teachers. Courses that are cancelled due to insufficient enrollment will result in a full refund or the opportunity for the student to select another available course.
What is the attendance policy?
- Student will be dropped from an "In the Classroom" course if absent more than five hours.
- Student will be dropped from an "Online" course after five days of inactivity.
- Student should expect to spend four to five hours a day with their online class.
- No refunds will be allowed after the first day.
Can I take more than one class at a time?
It is recommended that students take only one online class per session since each session is one semester worth of material in three weeks' time. The work load is high and we want to ensure that students are successful. The classroom sessions are just one class per session.
Where do I login for my online class and when is it active?
- The first day of each session
- The website is https://susd.geniussis.com
- You will login with your student id and eight-digit birthday MMDDYYYY for the password
Do I have to be in the state to take an online class?
No. The only time students taking an online class must be present in person is for their final exam. All final exams must be taken on or before the last date of each summer session.
Can I take my online final exam early?
Yes. As long as all course work is complete, students can go to Coronado High School computer lab from: 8:00 am -1:00 pm Monday-Thursday.
Can I take a class online and use the HS computer lab?
Yes. Coronado computer lab is the only high school available this summer for open lab.
Is there an open lab where a student can work independently?
Yes. Coronado High School is the only lab opened during the week for lab help and early finals. The computer lab is opened there from: 8:00 am -1:00 pm Monday-Thursday
Do I need to be in state to take an online final exam?
Yes. All exams must be taken in person at one of the high school lab locations.
Do I have to take my online final exam in person?
Yes. Final exams must be taken in person in a computer lab on one of the high school campuses. All finals must be taken before the last day of the session. Note: PE students must take a pre and post fitness test IN PERSON for each semester in addition to their final exam.
Where can I take my final exam, hours and dates?
- JUNE Tuesday, 26th at Coronado only, Wednesday, 27th and Thursday, 28th at Arcadia, Chaparral, DMHS, Coronado or Saguaro
- JULY Tuesday, 24th at Coronado only, Wednesday, 25th and Thursday, 26th at Arcadia, Chaparral, DMHS, Coronado or Saguaro
- Final exam must be taken at one of the high schools. Please allow enough time to take exam. Students must pass the final exam with a 60% or better. If the first attempt on the final exam is below 60%, students may re-take the final exam one more time within the allotted time.
- ALL course work MUST be completed prior to taking the final exam.
- No arrivals after 3:00 p.m.
|Summer School Final Exam Computer Labs|
|Arcadia||480-484-6300 x 5119||8:00-4:00 pm|
|Chaparral||480-484-6500 x 6690||8:00-4:00 pm|
|Coronado||480-484-6800 x 6706||8:00-4:00 pm|
|Desert Mountain||480-484-7000 x 7033||8:00-4:00 pm|
|Saguaro||480-484-7100 x 5367||8:00-4:00 pm|
Can I start the online class early or extend the time of the class?
No. You must complete the course within three weeks.
What are the PE online course requirements?
eLearning PE focuses more on the health aspects (components of physical education) of physical education, and has minimal information on the rules/regulations of various sports. It's essentially a health based curriculum. There is one lesson that requires students to choose a sport and research it in depth. If students enjoy playing sports, it is recommend that they enroll in brick and mortar summer PE...as all they do is play a variety of sports all day. Students are required to take a pre- and post-fitness test IN PERSON as well as their final exam IN PERSON. These IN PERSON tests will be scheduled with the student's online instructor. Students are also required to log 14 hours of physical activity during the course of the three-week class.
Can a student take one semester of PE now and one next summer?
Yes. Please note: Students must attend one pre-test date and one post- test date per Session. If students are completing both Sessions, they can use their Session I post-test score as their Session II pre-test score.
When is the PE pre-test and post-test date for ONLINE PE ONLY?
- June 12th @ DMHS and June 13th @ Coronado Fitness PRE Test - 7:00 a.m.
- June 25th @ DMHS and June 26th @ Coronado Fitness POST Test - 7:00 a.m.
- July 10th @ DMHS and July 11th @ Coronado Fitness PRE Test - 7:00 a.m.
- July 23rd @ DMHS and July 24th @ Coronado Fitness POST Test - 7:00 a.m.
Do I need a textbook for my class?
All online class materials are online. Textbooks will be provided for the classroom.
Do I need to go to Coronado for the science lab hours if I am taking an online science course?
No. All the labs are built into the online class. If you are attending classroom science you must attend the additional afternoon labs.
What are the hours for the classroom science labs?
1:00-3:00 p.m. Labs will start on the first Wednesday. (Total of 5 lab days per session.)
Bus will be available, see schedule below.
What if I got a poor grade during the school year and I want to retake the class?Are there additional science materials that must be purchased for the online course?
Yes. Most of the materials are common household items; check with your teacher to see the complete list.
This is called "grade replacement". Students who wish to take a class to better their grade may do so by repeating the exact class and the new grade will replace the old.
When will I receive information about my online or classroom summer school course?
An email and ROBO call reminder will be sent to online students giving them all the information they need to access their online courses. Robo calls and emails will be sent to classroom students to remind them about summer school.
What if I need fee assistance for summer school?
Students requesting fee waivers for summer school must contact their counselor to apply for fee assistance.
|Route 1 AM|
|Pick up||Arcadia||7:17 a.m.|
|Route 1 PM|
|Drop off||Arcadia||1:26 p.m.|
|CHAPARRAL & SAGUARO|
|Route 2 AM|
|Pick up||Chaparral||7:05 a.m.|
|Pick up||Saguaro||7:15 a.m.|
|Route 2 PM|
|Drop off||Saguaro||1:17 p.m.|
|Drop off||Chaparral||1:30 p.m.|
|Route 3 AM|
|Pick up||DMHS||7:00 a.m.|
|Route 3 PM|
|Drop off||DMHS||1:30 p.m.|
*Schedule subject to change, check back prior to first day of summer school for any updates.
|AFTER SCHOOL SCIENCE LAB (Classroom students only)|
|Labs will start on the first Wednesday. (Total of 5 lab days per session.)|
Login = student id
Password = eight-digit birthday (MMDDYYYY)