Welcome to SUSD Career & Technical Education (CTE)
Career and Technical Education (CTE) is committed to increasing student achievement, accountability, individual growth, collaboration, and research. We are dedicated to building a strong and viable elective program that meets the needs of the 21st century.Career and Technical Education is introducing innovative program modules that incorporate the STEM concept:
Science | Technology | Engineering | Math
Ensure a dynamic workforce by engaging, educating, and empowering all SUSD CTE students to excel.
To deliver world-class Career and Technical Education programs that promote the highest level of academic achievement, technical skill attainment, creativity, and personal growth that will inspire greatness in today’s CTE students and tomorrow’s leaders
An Executive Order was presented and approved by the AZ Board of Regents (ABOR) at the April 9, 2015 Board meeting. Career & Technical Education (CTE) courses are now acceptable for entry into the Arizona Universities. Students now have choices of taking EITHER a fine arts or CTE course.
Career and Technical Education Core Values
- Excellence - we strive for unsurpassed achievement, challenging students to reach their personal best.
- Collaboration - we work together and partner with our community specifically post secondary institutions and business community, united by a shared responsibility to educate our students and prepare them for high wage/high demand occupations and career pathways.
- Leadership - we seek to inspire and engage, recognizing that we are developing tomorrow's leaders today.
- Character - we aspire and instill integrity, respect and responsibility in all that we do.
- Creativity - we pursue innovation and exploration in our curriculum and our classrooms.
- Promoting - the Arizona Workplace Standards for all students.
Showcasing innovative and exemplary practices in quality Career and Technical Education programs that include the following elements:
- Industry validated curricula
- Integration of academic skills
- Articulation with post secondary
- Industry partnerships
- Leadership and personal development
CTE Courses, course numbers, grade levels and site location
CTE Technical Standards
Dual Enrollment by Program
FAQ Dual Enrollment
Student Organizations (CTSO)
CTE-ADE Teacher Certification
AZ CTE Curriculum Consortium (Wiki)
Scottsdale School District Planning Guide
EVIT (East Valley Institute of Technology)
Career and Technical Education Office
Scottsdale Unified School District
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Coordinator, Career & Technical Education
CTE Data Coordinator
SUSD CTE Programs
Business 101 - Financial Services
Contemporary Music - CMAS
Early Childhood Development
Film & TV
- Biotechnology - Arcadia, Saguaro
- Culinary Arts - Chaparral
- Graphic Design/Ad Art - Arcadia, Desert Mountain, Saguaro
- Engineering - Chaparral, Saguaro, Coronado
- Contemporary Music (CMAS) - Arcadia
- Nursing (Health Care) - Coronado