SUSD Recommends Across-the-Board Pay Raises
The Scottsdale Unified School District Governing Board voted today to include salary increases for all district employees in the district’s 2018-2019 Maintenance and Operations (M&O) budget. The salary increases would include:
- 10% for teachers
- $8/day increase for substitute teachers
- 4% for hourly employees, including bus drivers, health assistants and other select, classified staff
- 1% for administrators
Other features of the proposed budget would:
- increase the annual pay of first-year teachers from $36,593 to $41,320
- fund the hiring of four additional school security officers and
- create longevity stipends for bus drivers.
“Our staff is at the heart of everything we do, and as our most important resource, we need to invest in them,” said Acting Superintendent Dr. John Kriekard.
A final vote on the proposed budget will take place next month.