Instructional Materials Review Committee
The 2018-19 school year is year 2 of 7 of our SUSD Capital Override dollars. PreK-12 Math will be participating in instructional materials review work this year. The Committee will review standards, look at our current materials, identify any gaps and discuss what we might need to fill those gaps.
The Goal of the committee is to make a final recommendation to the SUSD Governing Board by Spring 2019.
Math Adoption FAQs
Which content areas are reviewing instructional materials?
- PREK-12 Math
Who will be on the Instructional Materials Review Committees?
- PREK - Teachers from different learning communities and 1 PreK Specialist
- K-5 - Teachers at every grade level from different learning communities, Administrator, ELD Coach, Gifted Coach, SPED Teacher, Parent
- 6-8 - Teachers at every grade level from different learning communities, Administrator, ELD Coach , Gifted Coach, SPED Teacher, Parent
- 9-12 - Teachers in every subject, Administrator, Instructional Technology Coach, Parent
Teacher volunteers are recruited through site administration and curriculum specialist. Parents recruited through site administration
What will the committee do?
The responsibility for the instructional materials review/adoption work committee is that they will thoroughly review standards and look at our current materials – and decide what gaps we have and what we might need to fill those gaps.
All decisions are made by consensus.
What work will the committee focus on?
- Review content standards.
- Identify needs.
- Investigate and understand research and best practice about content area.
- Identify instructional materials to match District needs, and that are consistent with recommendations from research.
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of new resources/materials.
How will the instructional materials be funded?
- The Capital Override will fund all K-12 Materials
- Community Education will fund all PreK Materials
- Committee members will be expected to share the work of the committee with their stakeholder groups.