11/9/2017 – In addition to a new gymnasium, new science labs, improved parking lot and updated playgrounds, Cheyenne's existing buildings will get a facelift to better match the new additions. Renderings of the new front office exterior can be found in the Cheyenne Documents & Links section of this page.
10/20/17 - Committee work will begin soon on designs for the Hohokam rebuild. All site plans currently posted are only early drafts.
Tentative Construction Timeline:
May, 2018 – Shovels in, fences up! Ground level work
Summer, 2018 – Vertical construction begins
Summer, 2019 – New buildings open to students and staff
11/17/2017 – New exterior renderings of the redesigned buildings are now available in the “November Design Changes” section of this page. These updated designs are based on this month’s vote by teachers and Rebuild Committee members to shift to a more Mid Century Modern style. This new look still allows for windows in every grade-level classroom. Vertical construction is expected to begin this winter.
October, 2017 – Shovels in, fences up! Ground level work
Winter – Vertical construction begins
August, 2018 – New buildings open to students and staff
11/14/2017 – The Governing Board has voted to approve the start of construction, clearing the way for ground level work to begin. Look for fences to go up in December. Vertical construction is expected to follow in January.
Coronado High School Track & Field
Chaparral High School Track & Field
Saguaro High School Track & Field
Governing Board Links & Documents
October 25, 2017
• Hopi Rev 1
• Video - Special Meeting
October 17, 2017
• Spotlights - Bond Expenditures
• Video - Bond Expenditures
September 12, 2017
• Minutes - Bond / Capital Override Financial Update
• Spotlights - Bond / Capital Override Financial Update
• Video - Bond / Capital Override Financial Update
June 20, 2017
• Minutes - Hopi pre-construction approval, Cheyenne full construction approval, Pima contractor approval
• Spotlights - Hopi pre-construction approval, Cheyenne full construction approval, Pima contractor approval
• Video - Hopi pre-construction approval, Cheyenne full construction approval, Pima contractor approval
June 6, 2017
• Minutes - Cheyenne pre-construction approval
• Spotlights - Cheyenne pre-construction approval
• Video - Cheyenne pre-construction approval
May 4, 2017
• Audio - Contractor approved for Hohokam & Cheyenne
April 25, 2017
• Minutes -
• Spotlights - RFQ Hopi Rebuild & Chaparral, Coronado, Saguaro Track Improvements
• Video - RFQ Hopi Rebuild & Chaparral, Coronado, Saguaro Track Improvements
March 21, 2017
• Minutes - Pima Rebuild Approval
• Spotlights - Pima Rebuild Approval
• Video - Pima Rebuild Approval
December 13, 2016
• Minutes - Hopi & Hohokam Rebuild Approval
• Spotlights - Hopi & Hohokam Rebuild Approval
• Video - Hopi & Hohokam Rebuild Approval
• PDF Download (updated 4/20/17)
Bond Project Input Form
Your input is important to this process. Please use this form to share your comments, questions and concerns. While we are not able to respond to every submission individually, we will read all of them to identify the most common or pressing themes, which may be addressed in a public forum or on this website. Thank you.
Click on your Learning Community to see Bond & Override Improvement Projects at your school.
In addition to those improvements, override dollars will also help pay for new furniture, playground improvements, instructional materials and more.