Laguna is a Cognia STEM Certified School
To become Cognia STEM certified, Laguna underwent a rigorous review of the school and was scored in four domains: STEM community, STEM learning culture, STEM students’ experiences and STEM outcomes. This review was the culmination of a long, arduous and very thoughtful multi-year process that included students, teachers and community members alike, planning and engaging in interdisciplinary STEM learning experiences that are future-focused and rich in real-world problem-solving, which in turn helps our educators to develop critical thinkers engaged in meaningful inquiry and a deeper level of understanding. This process included peer observations and hundreds of artifacts demonstrating their proficiency in the 16 Cognia STEM standards.
Unique Programs & Curriculum
- Scottsdale's math program, Math Connects, is an excellent resource.
- Intergenerational Tutoring Program
Multimedia Instructional and Production Program
- Academic Enrichment ProgramsFully Staffed Science Lab for hands-on exploration
- Math Olympiads
- Word Masters
- Odyssey of the Mind
- After school Science Club and school wide science fair
- CHARACTER COUNTS! Program K-5th grade
- Accelerated Reader (AR) program
- On campus after school programs such as Kids Club offered before school
- strolling strings
- Young Rembrandt's
- Boys and Girl Scouts
- Partnership with Senior Center, Boys and Girls Club, and the business community.