Laguna is a Cognia STEM Certified School
To become Cognia STEM certified, Laguna underwent a rigorous review of the school and was scored in four domains: STEM community, STEM learning culture, STEM students’ experiences and STEM outcomes. This review was the culmination of a long, arduous and very thoughtful multi-year process that included students, teachers and community members alike, planning and engaging in interdisciplinary STEM learning experiences that are future-focused and rich in real-world problem-solving, which in turn helps our educators to develop critical thinkers engaged in meaningful inquiry and a deeper level of understanding. This process included peer observations and hundreds of artifacts demonstrating their proficiency in the 16 Cognia STEM standards.
Mission Statement:We are a STEAM school where students creatively solve real-world problems through collaboration, communication and critical thinking, instilling a lifelong love of learning.
Vision Statement:STEAM is an inquiry-based approach to learning that integrates Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics to provide an environment where students can creatively solve real-world problems through collaboration, communicating and critical thinking.
Unique Programs & Curriculum
- STEAM School
- Every student is provided a personal Chromebook
- Intergenerational Tutoring Program
- Multimedia Instructional and Production Program
- After School Science Club, Science Lab, and schoolwide Science Fair
- Gifted Services
- Band and Strings in 4th-5th grade
- Music, Art, and Physical Education
- Accelerated Reader (AR) program
- On campus after school programs such as Kids Club offered before school
- strolling strings
- Young Rembrandt's
- Boys and Girl Scouts
- Partnership with Focus 5, Scottsdale Center for the Arts & Kennedy Center
- Located next to the Boys and Girls Club