Social Emotional Learning
SEL opportunities are now availble to all students through their Single Sign On account.
Sign in and look for the Wednesday Learning Opportunities icon under the Student Apps. Click on the icon, to be taken to a page with a variety of learning experiences based on grade level. These opportunities include:
- Nearpod: Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) lessons to help students develop skills in the areas of self-management, self-awareness, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision-making.
- SUSD Oasis: A virtual calming space to help decrease stress and regulate emotion.
- Minecraft: An interactive game that encourages self-awareness and management of emotions through a series of quests.
- Vaping Prevention: The Stanford Vaping Prevention curriculum provides students the opportunity to learn about the health risks associated with using e-cigarettes/vapes and marketing tactics used by nicotine companies to target young people, and helps students gain skills to refuse experimentation and use.
- Naviance: A college and career readiness program that helps students reach their goals by developing skills critical for college, career and life