Welcome to Scottsdale Unified School District's office of Early Learning & Community Education
Want to learn more about our SUSD Early Learning programs for the 2023-2024 school year?
We will be hosting two virtual informational meetings for families to learn about the Pre-school and Pre-Kindergarten programs and registration process for the 2023-2024 school year.
- November 10th at 6:00 pm – Please click this link to join this live meeting - Nov. 10 Early Learning Information Meeting
- December 1st at 6:00pm Please click hthis link to join this live meeting Dec 1st Early Learning Meeting
- December 15 at 6:00pm - Please click this link to join this live meeting - Dec 15 Early Learning Information Meeting
These informational meetings will review our SUSD early learning philosophy, programs, curriculum, and registration process for the 2023-2024 school year.
Early Learning Registration for the 2023-24 School Year
Early Learning Registration for 23-24 - General Information
Por Favor haga clic aqui para obtener informacíon - Informacíon en espanol
Dec 5-15 - Families who currently attend pre-school at Cherokee, Desert Canyon, Echo Canyon, Laguna, Pueblo, or Navajo and want to attend Pre-K at their same school next year will be able to enroll at our Oak office by appointment between Dec. 5-15. SUSD Pre-school families will receive an email the first week of November with all of the details.
Jan 3-9 - A registration google form will be available for parents to express interest in all early learning programs for the 23-24 school year. The google form will be on the Early Learning website ( SUSD EARLY LEARNING) and will go live at 8:00am on Jan 3. Parents will have the opportunity to select up to 3 schools for enrollment consideration.
SUSD enrollment priority groups* will be used to determine priority enrollment through Jan 21. It doesn’t matter when the google form is completed between January 3rd-9th.
THIS GOOGLE FORM IS THE FIRST STEP IN THE EARLY LEARNING REGISTRATION PROCESS. DO NOT COMPLETE THE SUSD ONLINE ENROLLMENT FORM UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT YOU HAVE SECURED A SPOT.
After Jan 21, enrollment will be first come, first serve.
Jan 9 - Google form will be closed
Jan 10-13 - Between Jan 10-13, parents who complete the Google form will receive an email indicating that either 1) they have secured a spot for the 23-24 school year OR 2) they have been placed on a waitlist.
If a family has secured a spot for next year, they will receive information with a link to make an appointment to finalize enrollment at our appointment only enrollment event on Saturday Jan 21 at the Mohave District Annex.
Jan 21 - Early Learning Enrollment Event at the MDA - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY for families who have secured a spot in a class. WALK INS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Feb 1 - Open registration will be available for any remaining spots in early learning classes. Priority Enrollment Groups will no longer be utilized after this time. Information on enrolling after February, 2023 will be available on our website.
After you have secured a spot - be sure to complete the OnLine Registration (OLR) Form SUSD ENROLLMENT
When completing this form - When prompted to select a school - Select "PRE" - do not select a specific school. When you finalize enrollment on Jan 21, your child will be placed at the school at which they secured a spot.
More information about the registration process will be available on our website https://www.susd.org/communityeducation
Tuition for the 23-24 school year:
Registration Fee of $75 is required for all students regardless of the school attending.
Tuition for Anasazi, Cherokee, Cheyenne, Cochise, Copper Ridge, Desert Canyon Elementary, Echo Canyon, Kiva, Laguna, Pueblo, Redfield will be $730/ block ( A block is 18 school days). There are 10 blocks in a school year.
Tuition for Hohokam, Navajo, Pima - $200/block
The Early Learning Programs at Tavan and Yavapai are supported by the Title 1 grant and is provided at no cost for families who live within the boundaries of Yavapai and Tavan.
*Enrollment Priority Categories:
- Students whose Parent / Legal guardian are employed as regular, contract SUSD employees under contract for the 23-24 school year (Administrative, certified, classified)
- Students wanting to attend their home school and students who also have siblings currently attending their home school and want to enroll in early learning at their home school / same school as siblings fall into this category.
- Students and/or siblings living outside their home school boundary who are currently enrolled in an SUSD school and want to enroll in early learning at the same school as siblings.
- Students living within SUSD but want to enroll in a school other than their home school ( and have no siblings enrolled at that school).
- Students living outside of SUSD boundaries and are not currently enrolled in an SUSD school (and have no siblings enrolled at that school).
***ENROLLMENT PRIORITY GROUPS WILL ONLY BE USED THROUGH JAN 2023. Starting in February, 2023, any available enrollment will be filled first come, first serve***
FOR THE CURRENT 2022-2023 school year - If you would like information on our early learning programs, please email Laura Valenzuela LValenzuela@susd.org
student support coordinator.
Gifted Cluster Pre-K classes
*Kiva, Redfield and Tavan offer gifted cluster Pre-K classes. The program offers the best of both worlds - a developmental learning environment with typical peers and small group interactions with like-minded peers.
For additional information on our Pre-K cluster gifted programs, please click here.