- Ingleside Middle School
- Our Programs and Clubs
Programs and Clubs
Middle School Athletics Information
Click here for important Middle School Athletics Information.
If you have specific questions about Ingleside athletics, please contact our Athletic Director, Mrs. Jena Krahl. She can be reached at email@example.com or 480-484-4900.
Register My Athlete
Middle School Athletics Calendar
Click here for the 2020-2021 Ingleside Sport Calendar.
The Ingleside athletic program is available for both boys and girls in sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. Sports offered at Ingleside are listed below:
Boys/Girls Cross Country
Boys/Girls Track and Field
Spiritline Available Quarters 1-3.
Contact Lauren Ohanesian for more information.
See link to sports schedules and coach information under the Middle School Athletics Calendar at the bottom of this page.
Volleyball, Baseball, Soccer, Softball, Flag Football and Basketball seasons are divided up into two parts, or tiers:
- Registered athletes will practice after school during the first 4-5 weeks of the quarter.
- All registered athletes participate. This is non-competitive. There are NO try-outs or cuts during this time.
- A Saturday festival will take place at the end of the three weeks of practice. Players will be divided up into teams and play three games against other teams from SUSD middle schools.
- There will be no grade checks during this time of participation.
- Cost is $60 ( Discounted fee for Free/ Reduced Lunch. Must bring letter of confirmation to front office).
- Following Tier One, eligible athletes will practice and play competitively after school for the five remaining weeks of the quarter.
- Coaches will select approximately 30 athletes from Tier One to play competitively. These 30 athletes will be divided into two teams: Junior Varsity and Varsity.
- Competitive games against other SUSD middle schools will be played weekly. Transportation will be provided for all away games leaving and returning to Ingleside.
- There will be grade checks during this time.
- Students are not eligible to play in Tier 2 competitive games until both a minimal GPA of 2.0 and no ‘F’s in all classes are verified in writing.
- Cost is an additional $30 fee. Must be paid before first game.(Discounted fee for Free/ Reduced Lunch. Must bring letter of confirmation to front office).
Cross Country and Track/Field are not divided into two tiers.
- Takes place the first 7 weeks of the quarter.
- All registered students participate. Transportation will be provided for all away games leaving and returning to Ingleside.
- There will be no grade checks during practice meets. Grade checks will apply to any qualifiers and final meets.
- Cost is $75 ( Discounted fee for Free/ Reduced Lunch. Must bring letter of confirmation to front office).
Our garden club is focused on students learning how to grow their own vegetables organically. Students engage in all aspects of the process: planning, preparing the soil, planting, fertilizing, as well as maintaining the garden and much more. The goal of our club is for students to build an appreciation of growing food organically, to connect with the outdoors, and to take ownership of the garden and the decisions that guide it. Club members also get to bring home fresh, pesticide and herbicide free vegetables throughout the year as our garden produces.
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a membership organization created to recognize students who strive towards academic achievement while also developing strong characteristics of scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship, and character. Ingleside NJHS members spend the school year making our campus and community better by participating in service hour opportunities through projects and fundraisers.
The Ingleside Middle School Robotics Program offers students the opportunity to get a hands-on experience programming robots to solve problems. One aspect of the Program uses LEGO MINDStorm robots and a computer program that allows visual programming of the robots to successfully achieve progressive challenges using teamwork and communication with fellow students.
The yearbook club will allow students the opportunity to explore their creativity/imagination and be able to apply it in a book! Keeping a positive, creative and welcoming environment is a MUST for IMS and myself. Students will be able to capture the unforgettable memories they make throughout the year. Allowing every student to relive their middle school years all over again as the years go on! Join us on this fun journey!