Navajo Academic Programs
Navajo is a STEAM-focused school offering 21st-century skills that prepare children for the future using critical thinking integrated through curriculum content areas.
What is STEAM? STEAM is learning that engages all students in collaborating design thinking for real-world problem solving through science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
Why STEAM? Ninety-three percent of STEAM occupations have wages above the national average and 80% of future jobs will require a STEAM education.
Is STEAM right for my child? Does your child enjoy experimenting, creating or building? Our students excel in the hands-on learning philosophy a STEAM education provides.
- A STEAM focus school
- 21st-century learning for every child, every day which includes; critical thinking, exploration, discovery, articulation of ideas, and problem-solving
- Academic after-school program in partnership with the City of Scottsdale at no cost
- Multiple after-school enrichment clubs offered at no cost
- Before school Early Bird care starting at 7:15 am daily at no cost
- Parent Teacher Organization
- Watch Dog Dads’ Club
- Daily reading volunteer program
- Positive behavior interventions and support
- iTeach AZ partner school
- Interventionists that cater to gifted needs and help those that may need extra assistance
- Technology science lab for class projects to allow for designing, building and engineering
- Integrated interdisciplinary units of study to dig deeper into concepts for greater understanding
- Bridges to the community with over seventy volunteers/mentors
- Close ties with the City of Scottsdale trying to make the school and community a wonderful place
- Physical Education
- Band and Strings
- Middle School Accelerated Math - Parent Info Flyer
- Middle School Math FAQs - Student Readiness Indicators & Math Placement
Do you need ideas for your children’s reading? Check out these sites: