SUSD High School Summer School - 2023
2023 HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL
UPDATES AS WE PREPARE FOR THE START OF SUMMER SCHOOL
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL UPDATES:
As we get closer to the start of the first session, a few reminders:
Please log on to the intouch system to verify what courses class you have paid for. To do this, please follow these directions:
Enter User Name and Password (The User Name is the student's ID and password is the last name with first letter capitalized)
Select on student name. In the middle of the screen, under "Reports", click "purchase history"
Refunds will not be issued after the first day of class - NO EXCEPTIONS
***If you need to drop a class, please complete this form -
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE DROP FORM
Information for the first day of class
For students attending summer school in person at Coronado high school:
Session 1 - First day of class is Tuesday May 30 and Session 2 starts Thursday June 15
School starts promptly at 7:45.Class ends at 1:30.
Class is held every day Monday-Friday.
Classroom assignments will be posted by the library and there will be staff members directing students where to go.
On the first day, please plan on arriving early in order to give yourself plenty of time to get to your classroom.
You will not be receiving any communication from your teacher until the first day of class.
Transportation is offered from and to Arcadia, Chaparral, DMHS, Saguaro. Please visit High School Summer School Bus Schedule.
For students participating in summer school online:
The first day of class is Tuesday May 30 for session 1 and Thursday June 15 for session 2.
Students will receive an email with directions on how to access the course, as well as teacher and login information by Tuesday 5/30, by 8am.
On the 30th, students will have access to the entire course.
Students work at their own pace but must complete the final at the specified date/time as stated by the instructor.
Please be sure to logon within the first 2 days of the session in order to not be dropped from the class.
The final will be available the day before the last day of the session. Students MUST have all assignments completed and submitted before starting the final. Nothing can be submitted after the final has begun. Students will have 3 hours to complete the final.
Please visit www.susd.org/summerschool for all summer school related information
Thank you! Dr. Christine Bonow Director | Community Education and Early Learning
Please see below for important information about high school summer school.
Registration starts on Monday, March 20th.
Please click this link for directions on how to register for summer school - DIRECTIONS TO REGISTER FOR HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL
Summer School 2023 dates:
SESSION 1 SESSION 2
6/15-6/30 (no class on 6/19) REGISTRATION DEADLINE - 5/22
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - 6/7
DEADLINE TO DROP A CLASS IN SESSION 1 - 6/12 @ 12:00pm
DEADLINE TO DROP A CLASS IN SESSION 2 - 6/28@ 12:00pm
SESSION 1 COURSE LIST - 5/30-6/13
Class fees for session 1 are non-refundable after May 30
SESSION 2 COURSE LIST - 6/15-6/30
Class fees for session 2 are non-refundable after June 15
***BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER SCOOL - if you need to request a refund, please click here
Registration will start on Monday, March 20, 2023
Summer School Details:
- Each session is 11 days.
- Students must register by deadline date:
- Session 1 registration deadline is May 22
- Session 2 registration deadline is June 7
- Since many courses reach capacity, enrollment after the registration deadline is not guaranteed.
- After the registration deadline, students may seek enrollment in available courses (online or in-person courses) by coming to Coronado High School library at 7:45am on the first day of the session. (This applies to online and in-person courses).
- Due to the fast-paced nature of summer school, students may take no more than 1 course each session without permission from the assistant principal of Ed. Services of their respective high school. This is STRONGLY discouraged! Students who are requesting to take 2 classes in the same session must complete this request form - REQUEST TO TAKE 2 CLASSES IN THE SAME SESSION The deadline to request additional courses in May 1.
- $25/semester course for current SUSD students.
- $200/semester course for students enrolled in a non-SUSD school.
- Course fees are non-refundable.
In-person summer school:
- Classes will be held at Coronado High School Monday-Friday 7:45am-1:30pm.
- Breaksfast will be available free of charge, before school, for students enrolled in-person classes from 7:00am-7:45am
- Lunch will be available free of charge for students enrolled in-person classes from 11:00-11:45.
- Transportation will be available to and from Coronado from Arcadia, Chaparral, DMHS, and Saguaro. Please click here for the bus schedule.
- Students who miss more than one day of class will be dropped from the course.
Online summer school:
- Students will have access to the entire semester of course material on the first day of the session.
- Students will access the course on their own time. There is no live instruction.
- Students must take the course final exam online at the date and time that is pre-determined by the instructor.
- Students must log in to the course by the 2nd day of the session or will be dropped from the course.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions