Support Services Overview
The Department of Support Services is committed to supporting the educational achievement of all children. Each department within Support Services is designed to assist in creating a positive learning environment conducive to safe and academic growth, social and emotional development.
For a summary of the Support Services Department see the Support Services outline.
Para ver un resumen de lo que ofrece el Departamento de Servicios de Apoyo, por favor haga clic aqui.
Summer 2020 Resources
The Social Emotional subcommittee of the Incident Command Team continues its planning and work on recommendations on a variety of strategies to support re-engagement activities and community building. Relevant professional development for SUSD teachers will include trauma informed practices and self-care, with a focus on increasing protective factors to meet the social emotional needs of students. Regardless of the learning model for the 2020-2021 school year, our staff, students and families will have access to support services including information provided during the school year.
Any student, parent of family needing social/emotional assistance this summer is welcome to contact Shannon Cronn, Clinical Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Karey Trusler, Social Worker, at email@example.com.
Additionally, you will find a list of community resources below:
- Teen Lifeline: Call 24/7 or Text 602-248-8336
- Crisis Text Line: Text “Home” to 742741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Response Network: 602-222-9444
- Scottsdale Police Crisis Team: 480-312-5055
- The Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990 or Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- National Parent Helpline: 1-855-4-A-PARENT (1-855-427-2736)
- Vista Del Camino (City of Scottsdale Food Bank): 480-312-2323
- UMOM: https://umom.org/find-help/
- Family Housing Hub: 602-595-8700
- Youth Resource Center (For People Aged 18-24 Years Old): 480-868-7527
- Arizona 211: Call 2-1-1 or visit https://211arizona.org/
- Arizona Food Bank Network: www.azfoodbanks.org
- Find Help Phoenix: www.findhelpphx.org or www.encuentraayudaphx.org
Parents as Partners
- Informative brochures from the Arizona Governor's Office of Youth, Faith & Family:
- Supporting Children’s Mental Health: Tips for Parents and Educators
- Building Resiliency: Helping Children Learn to Weather Tough Times
- What to Do if You Suspect Your Child is Abusing Drugs or Alcohol
- Vapes and E-cigarettes – Their Appeal and Your Approach
- More Information & Resources (AZ.gov)