Supplemental Materials Committee
To review, evaluate, and recommend any supplemental materials to be added to the supplemental materials list or to review, evaluate, and recommend any material suggested for review by a parent/guardian of a student in SUSD schools.
1. Review materials that are brought to the committee
2. Evaluate material based on a rubric that has been created by the committee for academic merit and potential sensitive issues
3. Using the rubric, discuss the material’s value for academic merit, instruction of standards, and content
4. By consensus, recommend the addition or removal of material as a supplement to the core curriculum
Time Commitment is on an as needed basis, especially when:
- A teacher or the teaching and learning department suggests materials to be added to the supplemental materials list.
- A review is suggested by a parent of current supplemental material that is part of the supplemental materials list.
Rachel Holsteen-Bruyere, Arcadia Learning Community
Carrie Kerscmar, Desert Mountain Learning Community
Patricia Pellett, Desert Mountain Learning Community
Jan Voelkel, Chaparral Learning Community
Carine Werner, Saguaro Learning Community
Dr. Chris Asmussen, Mohave Principal
Andrea Blanchet, Teaching and Learning
Dr. Linda Brake, Special Education Director
Lindsay Stollar Slover, Teaching and Learning
Doreen Thomas, Mohave Teacher/Librarian
Cathy Tirone, Technology Software Specialist
Stephen Williamson, Teaching and Learning